Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Welcome to Classics for the Big Brain

Hello, and welcome to Classics for the Big Brain.

This blog will feature my reviews of classical music recordings as well as the occasional film or book in addition to essays on music and film appreciation.

I'll be posting quite a lot in the near future. Once things get "settled" I'll try to do regular posts, at least twice a month. Here are a few of the things I'll be writing about:

A review of the new "Neville Marriner: The Argo Years" box set from Decca with a thorough discographical rundown.

The choral music of Paul Hindemith on record

Comparative reviews of Beethoven symphonies integral box sets, plus a symphony by symphony comparison of some of the great individual recordings.

Appreciating some of the "tough nuts" of classical music including Brahms' Second Symphony and the Sibelius Fourth.

and much more!

I look forward to sharing my passions with you!

Terrance Aldon Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment